At St. Christopher’s, we are committed to respecting your privacy. As a visitor to our website, we only want to contact you if you wish to be contacted by us. With that in mind, we offer you the following details of how we gather, use, share and protect the information collected at this website.
What are cookies?
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features offered on the St. Christopher’s Burlington website.
Why does St. Christopher’s collect this information and how is it used?
We need this information to help us improve our services to you; we want to make it easier to tailor our products and services to your needs. We also want you to have the most enjoyable Internet experience possible.
With that in mind, St. Christopher’s Burlington collects Personal Information and General Data in order to:
- Make the website easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Provide information faster.
- Create content more relevant to you.
- Adjust the website to your personal preferences.
- Conduct contests, sweepstakes and promotions.
- Help you quickly find products, services or information available from St. Christopher’s Burlington.
- Make improvements to the website.
- Assess general trends within the website.
- Alert you to special events, updated information and other services that St. Christopher’s Burlington thinks might be of interest to you. This might be done through direct contact with you or by customized postings on our websites.
- Where you have given us your permission, we also might authorize other companies to contact you directly.
- Enable you to use certain customized features and to save information for later visits to the website.
- Create and deliver other similar business-related features and services. Offer you occasional opportunities to provide us with feedback about our products or services.
If you elect to receive St. Christopher’s Burlington-related email by opting-in to any of our email services, we may send you occasional emails to keep you informed of services, information, events, contests or promotions or to provide you with the goods, services, website features or information that you requested. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive these emails, you will be given several ways to opt-out. This process is described in greater detail below.
If you provide us with your mailing address, telephone number or facsimile number, and tell us that we may contact you, we may also get in touch with you by one of these methods.
Where does St. Christopher’s store this information and is it secure?
St. Christopher’s Burlington takes precautions to protect your Personal Information, including our policy of allowing access to this Personal Information to only to those individuals and entities with a need to know. We also use available technology and encryption, when legally required or when appropriate for your protection, to provide a more secure environment and to reduce the chance of unauthorized access.
Personal Information is stored in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. The information may be kept in separate locations or it may be aggregated into reports, lists or databanks. There is no general public access to this information. In some cases, the Personal Information may be encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology. If you send us correspondence such as email or postal mail, or contact us by phone, we may collect such information in a file specific to you. These files will also be stored in secure locations.
Always keep in mind, however, that the Internet is not a secure system and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose while you are online. Although we take steps to protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your Personal Information provided over the Internet and we will not be responsible for loss, misuse or alteration of the Personal Information.
662 Guelph Line
Burlington, ON L7R 3M8
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Monday to Friday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
(July & August)